Bespoke Bath Products in NYC: The City’s Top 6 Apothecaries
1. WESTHOUSE HOTEL We are thrilled to feature custom bath amenities in our guestrooms and suites from DayNa Decker, popular for her richness of the fragrances and ingredients. DayNa Decker’s line offers an assortment of luxurious candles, oil diffusers and bath & body products that indulge the senses.
2. MALIN + GOETZ A favorite of those with sensitive skin, Malin + Goetz is among the best apothecaries in NYC for organic skincare and bath products. The NYC-based apothecary and lab is family-owned and operated and known for the quality and purity of its face, body and hair products. Each of its three Manhattan retail locations (Chelsea, Upper West Side, Upper East Side) offers bespoke bath products alongside candles, perfumes and apothecary accessories.
MALIN + GOETZ177
Seventh Avenue New York,
NY 10011 www.malinandgoetz.com
3. Kiehl’s Although it may be a household name and widely available at department stores nationwide, Kiehl’s is notable for its status as a New York original. The charm of Kiehl’s flagship store in the East Village is undeniable: the brand’s identity matches perfectly the decor and aura, and its bath products measure up as well. For those looking for a Kiehl’s facial product fix closer to WestHouse Hotel, the brand’s Upper West Side and Hell’s Kitchen locations are both within walking distance.
154 Columbus AvenueNew York,
NY 10023 www.kiehls.com
4. Space.NK.apothecary This London-based beauty shop specializes in high-end products from a variety of exclusive brands. Space.NK’s four New York City locations (two Uptown, two Downtown) showcase the scent and bath products of WestHouse favorite DayNa Decker alongside an array of esteemed labels. Find Space.NK.apothecary’s wide variety of goods near WestHouse at the shop’s location inside the 59th Street Bloomingdale’s department store, at its refined Lexington Avenue location, or in one of two more relaxed SoHo spaces.
1000 Third Avenue New York,
NY 10022 us.spacenk.com
5. Birchbox Everyone’s favorite by-subscription-only e-Tailer offers its only brick-and-mortar location in the heart of NYC’s SoHo shopping district. The bi-level retail shop is bright, airy and filled with an ever-rotating selection of the body, hair and fragrance accoutrements featured in the monthly installments of Birchbox and sold online. As an added bonus, Birchbox Man boasts a robust presence at the retail location, claiming a corner of the space for shave kits, gadgets and pomade.
433 West Broadway New York,
NY 10012 www.birchbox.com
6. Aesop Available in a variety of high-end NYC beauty shops and at its namesake brick-and-mortar locations, Aesop’s bespoke bath products are some of our favorites. Aesop’s skin care options are unrivaled, as the company produces high-quality Facial Exfoliant Paste, Facial Polishing serums, and a variety of other pampering products. From lips to face to hair to even home goods, Aesop carries everything you need to weather the elements during your stay in the city — and beyond.
Aesop 174 Ninth Avenue New York,
NY 10011 www.aesop.com
Share your thoughts with us @WestHouseNY #WestHouseYourHouse